DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.
How to download apps on Vizio TV may differ depending on the type of Vizio OS. You can easily download programs to your Vizio Smart TV using Smartcast or Internet Apps plus. This system helps to add Smart Tv programs to the TV. So let’s see how you can do this.
For most smart TVs, you can simply go to search for applications or something that lists all the programs you can click and find the programs you want to download, while for Vizio TV they have their own program from which you can search and download applications from your phone and stream them directly to your TV.
Can I install APK on Vizio Smart TV?
There is a wide variety of Android apps for TVs pre-installed on Vizio TVs. However, there may be some apps that you would like to use on your Vizio TV, but you can’t because the TV doesn’t have an App Store or it may not have the specific app you need. So, here is a guide that will show you how to download apps on vizio TV.
You can add your favorite programs to your Vizio Smart TV and easily improve your entertainment. Note that Vizio Smart TVs allowed us to add an unlimited number of programs before the launch of the SmartCast platform in 2016. Whether you should install programs on your Vizio Smart TV today depends on the year of its release, the platform on which it works, and the model series.
What is Vizio TV?
Vizio Smart TV allows you to broadcast your favorite music, movies, shows and more, and provides excellent picture quality without costly. You can add programs to some of these smart TVs to get the entertainment value you deserve. Based on our experience, we can help you do this in minutes.
Vizio is an American consumer Electronics Company based in Irving, California. Vizio produces a variety of audio and video equipment, but focuses mainly on TVs, stereos and related equipment. The Vizio brand is not yet known as Samsung, but it is definitely on the rise. Vizio was originally a warehouse brand that operated as a club and then became a fashion brand.
Vizio products are of excellent quality, but instead of focusing on traditional displays and indicators, Vizio focuses on innovative technologies and focuses on how users develop the use of technology. For example, some Vizio TVs do not have a TV tuner because streaming TV no longer works.
How to download apps on vizio TV in 2023
- Make sure your Vizio TV is connected to any internet connection so you can download programs.
- Press the V button or the “Home” button on the Vizio remote control.
- Tap one of the options on the top screen to go to the App Store settings.
- You will be able to see a bunch of applications on the TV screen. You can also search for a program in the search bar for faster access.
- Use the arrow keys on the remote control to tap one of the applications you want to download and select OK.
- Now press install and press OK on the remote control.
This process will take less than a minute. If you want to check if the program is downloaded or not, you can simply press the V button on the Vizio TV remote control to open the program menu. However, most Vizio models have a small number of programs available using this method. So, here’s another way to download programs to Vizio TV. The following steps will help you download applications using Smartcast.
Can I add programs to Vizio Smart TV without a remote control?
Your remote control offers you a highly efficient way to add many great programs to your Vizio Smart TV. This is a much better solution than using a button on the TV. You can use the power, volume, channel, and input buttons on the back of the device. Remember that these built-in buttons are hidden on the back of your Smart TV, as they are not intended for adding programs or navigating menus. So, it would be best if you had a better solution.
To easily add programs without using the remote control, here’s what you need to do:
- Download Vizio Smart from the iOS App Store or Google Play to your mobile device
- Open SmartCast
- Return to the bottom of the app and tap Control (This feature looks like a TV with a connection in front of it)
- In the upper right corner, tap Devices
- In the list that appears, select your TV (if you don’t see it, make sure your mobile device has a stable Internet connection and Smart TV is configured via an Ethernet or WIFI cable).
- When you select the TV, the control menu appears (use it as a physical remote control).
- To access the navigation screen, you can use, like the directions bar, swipe left.
How to download apps on Vizio SmartCast TV
VIZIO SmartCast TVs already have pre-installed programs that allow you to broadcast all your favorite shows, movies, music and more. On their official website, you will see 10 classified categories of programs that can be accessed from SmartCast TVs.
However, if you want to add your own applications that are not in the official list, you will have to broadcast them directly from your smartphone. Although the applications are not available directly for Vizio SmartCast TV, this is a smart move by the company, which allows you to broadcast almost everything you use on your smartphone.
To broadcast from a smartphone –
- First, open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your mobile. (download the app if you don’t have it on your phone, otherwise just skip this step)
- Next, open the program from which you want to broadcast.
- Open the program, such as the movie or series you want to broadcast.
- Then select the broadcast icon to start broadcasting on Vizio TV.
- The contents of your mobile screen will start broadcasting on your VIZIO SmartCast TV as soon as you select the Cast option.
How can I Update apps on a newer Vizio TV?
Subsequent generations of Vizio TVs use SmartCast TV, which is a version of Chromecast. With Chromecast, you can use the app on your phone to stream content directly to your TV. These newer models do not require updating programs manually; they update automatically when you are not using the TV. These models also periodically update the firmware, but you can do it manually if you want. Vizio TVs equipped with SmartCast significantly reduce the work of updates. While your TV is connected to Wi-Fi, manually updating the TV in just a few seconds.
- Turn on the TV.
- Use the remote control to select Menu and then Settings.
- Select System and Check for Updates.
- Confirm any updates if found.
- You should see a progress bar on the screen that shows how far the upgrade process is going. Allow the TV to update itself without interruption, and your TV will reboot and download the latest firmware. Now you can open SmartCast TV and watch any new programs or features that came with the update.