Nowadays, tracing a spoofed phone number is everyone’s job. If you have not been a victim of a spoofed call, then you may not understand the importance of this blog post. However, the joy of anyone who has been duped through fake calls is that they get the perpetrator apprehended and punished. These 5 ways on how to trace a spoofed call will teach you a lot.
Though, my guess is that you may have been searching for where to get multiple ways on how to trace a spoofed call or fake caller ID.
You are certainly in the right blog post with the best resources that will give you the knowledge you seek on tracing a spoofed phone number.
Also, I will show you the different ways with details on how you can trace a spoofed call and how to tell if your phone is spoofed.
Although, a spoofed call is another name for a fake caller ID. This is where the caller hides his or her true identity, location, or person in disguise to be another person.
Probably, he or she may have used someone else’s phone bearing the person’s identity and true location.
After taking your time in reading this article, you must gain the knowledge you seek on how to track a spoofed call. However, tracing a spoofed phone number is not an easy task, but you will find it easy after now. Just stay with me…
- Facts about fake calls (How to trace a spoofed number)
- What is call tracking all about?
- 5 Apps for tracing a spoofed phone number
- The 5 ways to trace spoofed call: (how to trace a spoofed number)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Facts about fake calls (How to trace a spoofed number)
Certainly, over the years there has been a quite number of fake caller IDs. And also what I tag ‘privacy infringement’.
But not to worry much as I have here, 5 ways on tracing a spoofed phone number. And also, scammers use this method to defraud people and even government officials. Whereby falsifying their identity to be a well-known agency or individual to the government or big companies.
But now, we have numerous apps for which we can use to dictate a fake caller ID or for tracing a spoofed phone number. Better still, caller ID faker.
Certainly, the apps will help you on how to trace a spoofed phone number or better still, how to trace fake caller ID.
I will list some of the apps to you as we go on, so as to help you on how to trace a spoofed call.
Meanwhile, in old concepts, call tracking refers to recording the location of the communication device.
Also read: 55 Mobile Apps that can Pay you well in 2021
What is call tracking all about?
In fact, call tracking is not just about call tracking, it is also recording the caller’s location. It has been expanded to include many parameters, including time distribution for incoming calls, recording of calls, recording of geographical coordinates, numbers, names, and addresses of callers (if there is a database available), missed calls, call summaries, frequency analysis, and details of individual and recurring calls.
Like I told you earlier, I will be listing the top 5 apps to use for how to trace a spoofed call.
5 Apps for tracing a spoofed phone number
Main functions of this App
Extract Information: It can securely extract and store the monitored data from the target android phone with notifying the target device.
Easy and Cheap: It is an easy to use and inexpensive monitoring App. It provides ease to all users and doesn’t require any App In-Purchases.
Customer Service: Spyzie Studio team provides the best customer service overall forums. Whenever a user is facing any issue because of any reason, just contact Spyzie customer service and they will fix the issue within a short duration of time.
Rating: It has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on the Android Google Play store which refers to the fact that it is much better than the other Apps and is quite comfortable to use.
The Features: Control Panel – Spyzie is equipped with a lot of features other than call tracking. So, a user won’t be disappointed after using it.
#2. True Caller ID & Dialer
True Caller is a useful App enabling users to identify unknown calls, block spam calls and spam SMS.
These are the Functions of the true caller:
- Call Identification
- Identification of Unknown numbers: See names of unknown callers in History
- Flash Messaging: Share location, emojis, and status with others
- Block Spam, telemarketing calls and SMS
- Identifies every unknown SMS
#3. Mobile Number Call Tracker
Definitely, It is a caller location tracker application. Now, be aware of the numbers calling you and see their location. The App can help you identify the following
- Contact Numbers calling using codes
- Caller’s location
- Phone Number details
#4. Call Tracker
This App will show you call history from any phone you want to track. The Function of the App include the FOllowing;
- Detect calls from the target device
- Have access to the contact list
- Accesses SMS, WhatsApp, Viber messages from the target phone.
- GPS Locator
- Check all system logs like battery status etc.
- Views the whole call history
#5. Trace Mobile Number
Are you are worried about unknown calls and their location? Install Trace Mobile Number to find from which state /telecom operator a mobile number belongs.
The Following are the Features of this App
- Locate phone number area and state
- Find address from map
- Includes Videocon numbers, Landline Numbers, and Toll-free numbers
- View Call log with operators information
Since we have gotten all the top 5 apps for you, on how to trace a spoofed call or fake caller ID. We will now look into how you can track fake calls on your own or probably with the apps we listed.
The 5 ways to trace spoofed call: (how to trace a spoofed number)
1. Call your phone service provider’s tech support.
When you notice any spamming on your calls or phone ask for a “call return” service. Contact your phone provider and purchase “call return” or “last call return” service. This may require an initial fee and/or a fee each time you use the service.
- The call return code varies depending on country and phone provider (and may not be available in all regions). Ask your provider for the code or search the internet for “call return code for [your country]”.
- In the United States, this service is also called *69 (after the code used in that country).
- After the call you want to trace has ended, enter the call return code and you should hear a voice message reading the telephone number of that caller, with the option to return the call.
- In some regions, call return is available automatically. Fees may still apply.
- Warning: in some regions (such as California), call return will only return the last incoming call without telling you the phone number.
2. Check your call log or caller ID.
All mobile phones will automatically identify most incoming phone calls. If you’re on a landline (home phone), contact your phone provider to enable caller ID.
- Consult your phone manual or contact the manufacturer if you don’t know how to check the call log for recent incoming phone numbers on your mobile phone.
- There are ways to bypass caller ID or even trick it into displaying the wrong number. If caller ID is unsuccessful, move on to the following options.
3. Enable “call trap” or “call trace” functions.
Maybe you are getting repeated harassment from an unknown caller or a suspected scammer, immediately contact your phone or service provider. And probably request for these services;
Call trap: After requesting a call trap, write down the dates and times you receive harassing phone calls for the next couple of weeks (or for as long as your provider requests). Once you report this information to the phone company they will identify the harassing number and report it to law enforcement.
Call trace: Once this service is enabled, pressing the call trace code immediately following the harassing call will send the phone number to law enforcement. (This code is *57 in the United States; your provider should tell you which code to use if you are in a different country.)
Often times call traps are usually free, while call traces may cost an additional charge. If the call trap is not available, or if the harassment is severe, you may be able to convince your phone provider to give you a free call trace service.
4. Use call tracer agency
Telephone harassment is a crime. Are you receiving threatening or obscene calls? you can trace the source and get help from local law enforcement, even for calls coming from private and blocked phone numbers. Phone call Trace is already installed with your CenturyLink Home Phone Service. Here’s how it works.
When you receive a harassing call:
- Answer the phone or check the caller ID to make sure it is a call you would like to trace. Then, hang up on the caller. If the caller ID shows a number that you know is malicious, you do not need to pick up the phone at all.
- After you have hung up, pick up the phone again and listen for a dial tone.
- Dial *57
- You will receive a recorded message with additional instructions for you to follow.
- After this, you will hear a message confirming whether the trace was successful.
- There may be a charge on your next bill. Keep in mind that you will not be given any information about the caller.
5. Use or Check Search Engines
In contrast, if you can’t find a phone number in a phone directory, search for it online. You can type the number into popular search engines such as Google and Bing, trying different spacing and punctuation options between the area code and the rest of the number to make sure you find all relevant results. There, you might find personal websites or business websites associated with whoever owns the phone number or otherwise containing information about who owns it.
Lastly, Think also to consider searching through social media sites such as Facebook or LinkedIn for information about the number. You might find a person or business profile that directly lists the phone number or a page mentioning who owns it.
In conclusion, what I certainly feel after all these listings and details is that we should also be the first to protect our calls by adding security codes and passwords to our cell phones and numbers.
I believe you now have a better understanding of how to trace a spoofed call or how to trace a spoofed number.
With the apps above, you have something to lay your hands on when such tragedy occurs. But you can equally use the apps to prevent your phone from been spoofed as well.
Tracing a spoofed phone number will now be an easy assignment for you I hope.
Hope those methods will go a long way on how to trace spoofed phone numbers.
Lastly, you can use the comment section to ask any question on this topic, I will respond ASAP.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you find who spoofed you?
Yes, and No, you can find out if a number is spoofed by performing a reverse phone lookup on the number. If you receive no results from your search, that is a big red flag. This could mean that the number which called you is in fact not a real number. Can then try to return the phone call and if the number is out of service you then know it was a spoofed call.
How can I trace a phone number?
1. Put a call to your phone service provider’s tech support.
2. Explain the situation and ask for * or # code for call trace.
3. Wait until the caller calls again, and complete the call trace as advised by the provider.
4. Markdown date and time of completed trace.
5. Inform the police and file complaint, advise of completed call trace
What is a spoofed call?
It is when an individual uses another person’s call ID[phone number] pretending to be the original owner in order to defraud people.
- The Definitive List Of Most Popular Courses On Udemy In 2021
- 27 Best Sites Like Udemy for Online Learning | Udemy Alternatives
- 11+ Easy Ways On How To Make Money From Home Online In 2021
- Latest Tutorial on Ethical Hacking With Your Android for free
- Download Latest Microsoft Word Tutorials free
- Free SEO Tutorial for WordPress Websites in 2021
- Get Full Neil Patel Agency Unlocked Tutorials in 2021 Free